Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Modding Community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

3 ring of death ???'s

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
xWSGSx STANG
New MM user

Xbox Version : 360
Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-08-10

3 ring of death ???'s Empty
PostSubject: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:51 am

I have looked at several video's on how to fix the 3 ring of death and have fixed it to some degree. I can play it for about 10 to 20 min then it makes a little noise and freezes up. Can anyone help? Plus i was woundering if useing the artic silver paste was the only silacon based paste to use or can u use the white as well? thx for any help that anyone can share.
Back to top Go down
chiefs13
M&M Addict
chiefs13

Xbox Version : 360
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-08-08

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 5:55 am

So, what have you done so far? You said, fixed it to some degree, please explain.

Steve
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

Xbox Version : Xenon(3.1) and Jasper(3.5)
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyMon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 am

I have had problems like this before. When you get the red rings, whats the secondary error code? And if you have tried the x-clamp fix, try loosening the screws.
Back to top Go down
john
New MM user

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 1:36 am

hi all, dont know if this post is in the right place, so apologies if not ! i too have carried out the x clamp mod, and i am getting green lights yeh !!! this is only until i put all the cases back on !!! then it goes back to rrod !!! please can someone help me ?
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

Xbox Version : Xenon(3.1) and Jasper(3.5)
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 3:31 am

Do you mean the metal casing or plastic?
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s EmptyTue Oct 13, 2009 6:45 am

john wrote:
hi all, dont know if this post is in the right place, so apologies if not ! i too have carried out the x clamp mod, and i am getting green lights yeh !!! this is only until i put all the cases back on !!! then it goes back to rrod !!! please can someone help me ?

Lay the mobo on a table outside of the case, upside down on the heatsinks. Take a wooden stick, (chopstick, etc) and start poking gradually from the edges toward the gpu and watch when it red rings. it rrods when you put it in the case and tighten down the screws I bet. Poke around the screw holes first. That way you can figure out where the cold solder is, and what you need to do to keep the board from flexing. If you do not have access to reflow equipment, try the hybrid fix.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 3 ring of death ???'s   3 ring of death ???'s Empty

Back to top Go down

3 ring of death ???'s
Page 1 of 1