Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Modding Community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fried Harddrive?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

Xbox Version : Xenon(3.1) and Jasper(3.5)
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-05-12

Fried Harddrive? Empty
PostSubject: Fried Harddrive?   Fried Harddrive? EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 5:53 am

I'm buying a broken PS3 from my friend, who said he gave it to gamestop once to fix. They said his hard drive was fried and fixed it. Strange thing is, his symptoms occur while playing games, which leads me to believe, since its happening again, that they just cleaned the laser off with some alcohol and overcharged him. Has anyone heard of this?
Back to top Go down
dana25

Fried Harddrive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fried Harddrive?   Fried Harddrive? EmptySat Oct 10, 2009 2:43 am

its probably most likely the gpu or cpu just like the 360 with it having bad connections or flexing from the heating and cooling over time i have a ps3 that did this then got the ylod and i reflowed it with a heatgun and applied arctic silver 5 on the chips and it worked for me and it has been for over a year now so maybe you can try this
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-12

Fried Harddrive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fried Harddrive?   Fried Harddrive? EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:37 pm

just format the damn hdd.

i have seen them hang up b/c of a bad sector or garbage on the hdd. dvd drives either work or don't work, have yet to see one in between. and they don't typically "pre ylod"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fried Harddrive? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fried Harddrive?   Fried Harddrive? Empty

Back to top Go down

Fried Harddrive?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Mods Forum :: Other Game systems :: PS3-
Jump to: