Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Modding Community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So what should we do with the site now?

Go down 
+5
CollinstheClown
WorldFormula
rednija23
SR2K
chiefs13
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chiefs13
M&M Addict
chiefs13

Xbox Version : 360
Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2009-08-08

So what should we do with the site now? Empty
PostSubject: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:19 am

Ok, since we have pretty much decided to not do the Xbox-Experts thing, what should we do about things now?

I think we should start with the domain, I like monsterXmods.com, if everyone else does. After we secure the domain, we need to enter into a "think tank" type of mode and figure out how we want to sell stuff, be it everyone together or us doing our own thing separately. This will be the hardest decision process, in my opinion, and will take a lot of planning and debating.

I think the next step should be to approach a quality web programmer to do our site as an E commerce and Forum combo. I have leads and contacts with people I have done business with, and can get it done pretty inexpensively if you are interested 250. Once we get the site up and running I think we need to consider paying Google a per click basis or whatever so that we can start directing traffic here. After the traffic starts flowing, then we could move into selling banner ads to support the site, not hard to do once you have the traffic to attract advertisers.

I also think we might want to consider having an Ebay sales division. This can be a pain, believe me, but it can also be very lucrative and can help in driving direct sales to the site. Many large companies have an Ebay sales division these days.

How does all this sound?

Steve

PS. 250, I know and completely understand this is YOUR site, so I am in no way trying to take over or do anything other than suggest possible ideas since it has been batted around lately. If you wanted to keep things just the way they are, I'm totally fine with that, or go in a type of direction I laid out, I'm also fine with that too. Just wanted to say that so I didn't step on anyones toes.
Back to top Go down
SR2K
SR2K

Xbox Version : 6 Falcons, 2 Xenons, A Jasper, 2 Opus, 3 Zypher
Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 9:27 am

Alright Well I'm gung ho for the webstore idea.

One thing that I'm a bit hung up on is, most of the people here I dont even know their first names, That just makes me a bit uneasy about bounding into business.

Anywho I think its time for introductions

Im Sam, Im from upstate New York, I stumbled acrossLLamma last december when I was Stuck on bedrest with meningitis. I came over to Monster mods when I convinced 250 to add the BST section.

Last edited by SR2K on Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.bakermods.info
rednija23
Modder
rednija23

Xbox Version : falcon
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:14 am

I'm Jake and live in WI. Im a know it all who thinks he can do anything. lived in the same place all my life but im only 13 so we will see. (dont worry evreyone says im very mature for 13 when its serious stuff). I love sports and play football, but without xbox live i would probably shoot someone. i love thinking of mods to do but without money they usualy never happen. i came across modding when evreyone on COD4 had a rapid fire mod and was just tired of it. i found llamma and after that i just doing harder and harder mods. eventualy i kinda left llamma because i was tired of it. now if have a problem i usualy come here.

EDIT: lol evreyone is adding a whole bunch of stuff. so i revised it

Last edited by rednija23 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=rednija23
chiefs13
M&M Addict
chiefs13

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 10:23 am

I think most of you know my name, Steve, I pretty much use it when posting. I am from East Tx. I am 40 yrs old and live with my parents in their basement. I pretty much only wear boxers and keep my hand in them at all times. LOL, Im just kidding about that stuff Laughing
I am married with one daughter who is 17. I have been doing PC repairs and sales for many years. Been doing 360 hardware repair for quite some time now, really got the idea to start the 360 stuff when I wanted to get one for myself and thought buying a lot of 4, fixing them all, and selling the other 3 would be a perfect way to get mine for free, plus some extra cash. It was all down hill from there and I was addicted. I have since started spreading out into modding controllers, RF boards, and am now working on a mod for the controller that will give a longer battery life and keep the LED's burning much longer. I also have many ideas for case modding that will blow most people's mind, but have yet to put that into action.
I am about to start taking lessons from a world renown airbrush artist and get into painting, pretty stoked about that. I think I will be offering some custom cases and controllers from him pretty soon until I get the hang of painting myself. This guy has been featured on Overhaulin', so he's pretty high class and I am honored to be taught by him.

Anyways, enough of my rambling...

Steve
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

Xbox Version : Xenon(3.1) and Jasper(3.5)
Number of posts : 314
Registration date : 2009-05-12

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 12:39 pm

Some of you should know my name. I'm Roger (Graham, notice the sig). I came across Llamma when my first 360 RRODed, and since then I've been heavily into repair. I have been running a bit of a sideshow fixing xboxes this summer, always doing a full hybrid, and I just received experimental shims from Wilhelm. I race Micro Sprints, and I am a rookie this year. I just got my first win last week (Read about it here in the latest news, paragraph 12) Very Happy I'm looking into teaching myself keyboard, and I hope to get a reflow station this winter. I also recently installed a new stereo system into my car without any instruction tongue, and plan on installing an amp, and a 12" sub this winter. I am looking into a business with a site called "Monster Mods". Laughing

EDIT: As for the google stuff, I think paying them per click would be a great way to get started. That would bring in business quickly.
Back to top Go down
CollinstheClown
M&M Addict
CollinstheClown

Xbox Version : No Clue. =O
Number of posts : 139
Registration date : 2009-04-07

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 1:22 pm

What is this AA? hahaha

I'm Mike Collins, I try my damnest to provide proper spelling and grammer on forums. AIM? Forget about it. I joined Llamma way back in 05, when I modded my Halo LE Xbox. Posted it on Llamma, Xbox-Scene, and a few other now defunct forums. All of which I got pretty much the same reply. "Why the hell did you do that to a LE case??!?" I did it because no one else had. Plenty of paint jobs and windows, but no Spike'd boxes! Although I've been pretty dead in terms of mods, I'm always tinkering and thinking of new ideas. I've been dying to get into programming and I'm finally getting around to doing that. I am very knowledgable in terms of PC hardware, and electronics in general; I'd love to go to school for electronics. I also think that was the first time I really used a semi-colon. My Vo-Tech has a yearly test for 2nd level students (2 years basically) which is designed to test you on the specific class you took. I was one of 12 to pass it, and the only one to know what a 'Berg' plug is... That was 3 years ago. If it wasn't for Xbox I probably would have given electronics a passing glance, it really was the reason I got into computers, modding, and electronics.

So thank you Microsoft... That sounds strange.. scratch

Also, I think Hyperlinking is fun. Smile

*Edit: This is from the badass mod section on Llamma:
Little Bio:
Name: Mike Collins
-collinstheclown-at-gmail.com (prevent spammers)
-AIM: TangandFarts or CollinstheClown
-XBL: CollinstheClown
-Text: xxx-xxx-xxxx (or call, but who does that anymore? lol) (this is a public forum.. no numbers here!)

-CollinstheClown
(and yes, I do type this at the end of EVERY post)
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 2:38 pm

CollinstheClown wrote:

-CollinstheClown
(and yes, I do type this at the end of EVERY post)

AHAHAHA I looked around for about 30 minutes SEARCHING for a footer.
Back to top Go down
CollinstheClown
M&M Addict
CollinstheClown

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 3:00 pm

It's exactly 5 space below the last line of text. clown

-CollinstheClown
Back to top Go down
250f-rider#33
Admin
250f-rider#33

Xbox Version : V3.5 (Jasper)
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:11 pm

Hahah, this is very funny....

To start- Im Nolan Weakland. A white trash kid raised up in the southern desserts of california. Soon moved to a more fancy setting in both virginia and colorado. I rode quads back in the dunes, and now I race anything with two wheels, but mainly motocross. I have one kickass garage that anything can get done in, even a clean room, acid parts washer, soon to be sand blaster, painting room. Everything. Mechanics are my passion for the rest of my life, but mechanical engineering is my goal. Im building up my F-150 at the moment for some serious off-road fun. I found llamma in 2007? Anyways I was very active there, but after a period of inactivity I left and made MM because I wanted a more expert place for discussion. Soon after that SR2K (Sam as we know now.) approached me about adding a BST and that really got the ball rolling for this place. After that weve just been planting seeds for the sight and watching them grow.

P.S. - Collins you CAN make a auto footer Razz

Now on a different note. I think the ecommerce thing is a great idea. But there would have to be contracts, papers, ect. signed and written just for safetys sake. Plus Im not going to be able to build this myself, I have WAYYY to much stuff going on in my life at the moment, with school starting, still in full racing mode....all sorts of stuff.

- 250f-rider#33 <<<<<<HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!
Back to top Go down
https://monstermods.forumotion.com
rednija23
Modder
rednija23

Xbox Version : falcon
Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-06-30

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:18 pm

250f-rider#33 wrote:
Now on a different note. I think the ecommerce thing is a great idea. But there would have to be contracts, papers, ect. signed and written just for safetys sake. Plus Im not going to be able to build this myself, I have WAYYY to much stuff going on in my life at the moment, with school starting, still in full racing mode....all sorts of stuff.

well collins seems to know what hes doing
Back to top Go down
http://www.points2shop.com/index.php?ref=rednija23
Deary65
Modder

Xbox Version : Dead
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2009 11:44 pm

Name: Martin Paley (Mars or Deary/Deers)
Ambition: Become an electronics nerd. Understand them and build my own.

Joined Llamma less than a year ago and my post count has gone up and up until I realized I'm sad, yet, I still go on.
Joined here because I got told to, so altogether I spend time on Llamma, MM and XE.
Currently modding my case but my xbox is shorted out so I doubt I'll get it fixed and put to good use.

Personally, I don't care what happens to the site.
Back to top Go down
CollinstheClown
M&M Addict
CollinstheClown

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:06 am

Nolan you noob... haha! I said 5 spaces not a million. Think of it as my stamp of approval, a seal if you will. There no effort it auto doing it. (I don't copy and paste it either) I do it on every forum aside from X-S (don't give a crap about that place) oh, and hackaday, mostly because I don't feel like it there.

Red:
I have an idea. I would deffinatly need help on designing and programming, I havn't done HTML in years.

-CollinstheClown
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 12:35 am

I haven't done HTML in forever either. Me and one of my friends aced the class in 5th grade and figured out how to do stuff the teacher couldn't. Very Happy I'll look back into it, I remember it being really fun.
Back to top Go down
250f-rider#33
Admin
250f-rider#33

Xbox Version : V3.5 (Jasper)
Number of posts : 179
Registration date : 2009-03-08

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 1:46 am

I know some html but not tons. enough to get me by.

and do cool fonts! like this!or this?hmmm, interesting. although i know it isnt that special but whateverIt gets me by

nothing compared to building a website. but its all the same in essence.
Back to top Go down
https://monstermods.forumotion.com
SR2K
SR2K

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 3:07 am

Nice, new url.
Back to top Go down
Deary65
Modder

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 4:13 am

Before the hols, we were supposed to be doing HTML but the teacher sucked and we didn't do sh!t in ICT.
So if you're all learning/re-tracing steps it could be helpful to me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 6:25 am

Oh nice, I didn't know we bought the domain. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
codywallz
codywallz

Xbox Version : Heck if know
Number of posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptyWed Sep 02, 2009 2:12 pm

BAHAHAHAHA I HAVE RETURNED!!! It's been forever since I've been on due to moving, getting into college, not having Internet, being too busy to use the Internet after getting the Internet, and so on and so forth....so yea...on an off note. 250 or someone that knows whats going on as of latly, could you catch me up on events of the past month or so via pm...

ANYWHO, My name is...if you couldn't tell by now....Cody Walls...and I'm an alcoholic.....no not really, but I am currently going to college in Alexandria MN for computer programming and website development. I've only recently got into modding Xboxs and stuff about a year 1/2 ago...I've modded many boxes since then for friends and foes alike. My gamertag is Sgtcodywallz and I'm on quite a bit just watching movies and stuff so if you wanna get together and frag some nubs, send me a message via XBL. Ummmm oh like I said, I am going to college for website developing so if you need something figured out I can do that via asking my teacher who is a freak of nature for HTML. Yea......
Back to top Go down
chiefs13
M&M Addict
chiefs13

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 10:56 am

Did we buy the domain? Did you need some funds? Even without the E commerce thing going, I think it would be a good idea to pay Google a per click so we can get this place rollin'

Steve
Back to top Go down
CollinstheClown
M&M Addict
CollinstheClown

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 12:49 pm

Yup, as soon as I found out I've been using monsterxmods.com Smile

-CollinstheClown
Back to top Go down
WorldFormula
Expert Modder
WorldFormula

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySat Sep 05, 2009 1:45 pm

chiefs13 wrote:
Did we buy the domain? Did you need some funds? Even without the E commerce thing going, I think it would be a good idea to pay Google a per click so we can get this place rollin'

Steve

Agreed. I'll help fund something like that. How much is it?
Back to top Go down
Jacob
New MM user

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:34 am

Right guys, Im Jacob Wain

From England... Live in the country.

Im 18

Into console repair and modding. Love Working in my new workshop on modding and repairs. Love messing around with graphics and logos and other stuff. Also Really into my audio mixing/mastering and other random bits and pieces.

If you need me to work on a little project just give me a shout and ill give it a shot.

Looking forward to contributing to this place and helping it grow. Big hello from England to you guys Smile
Back to top Go down
SR2K
SR2K

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 6:05 am

AHH the brits are taking over!

jk.
Back to top Go down
Jacob
New MM user

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-09-04

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 6:13 am

lol well thanks.... nah im just one who stumbled across this site through llama and i would be happy to lend a hand to this site Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Deary65
Modder

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? EmptySun Sep 06, 2009 5:36 pm

Brits are taking over?
Aren't there just two of us? Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So what should we do with the site now?   So what should we do with the site now? Empty

Back to top Go down

So what should we do with the site now?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Monster Mods Forum :: General Talk :: The grocery store-
Jump to: