Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Please log in to make post and check your personal messages. Or register if you are a new user.
Monster Mods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Xbox 360 Modding Community

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
bart44
New MM user

Xbox Version : Falcon
Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? Empty
PostSubject: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 8:46 am

Sad Yeah i blew my mosfet for my fan on the falcon motherboard... does anyone have a spare or know anywhere where i could get one (probly not)
It be great If you Do THANKS. santa
Back to top Go down
SR2K
SR2K

Xbox Version : 6 Falcons, 2 Xenons, A Jasper, 2 Opus, 3 Zypher
Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:24 am

I dont have one on hand but if you can get me the numbers from it I'll run it though digikey and check the storage room at school for them. (Its a classroom full of shelves of various electrical components, very useful)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bakermods.info
bart44
New MM user

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 9:59 am

its hard to see but... it looks like in the middle it has 608 then under that it seems like GK09E937 ( the G could be 6 / the 0 could be a D) unno man its hardto read the 608 is a guess mostly i know the 8 is correct but the 6 and 0 could be wrong. Also because its fried there could be something before the 608 as well.

the big thing is... if a mosfet from an older xboxs ( before the falcon ones) would work? if so i'll jack my friends
Back to top Go down
SR2K
SR2K

Xbox Version : 6 Falcons, 2 Xenons, A Jasper, 2 Opus, 3 Zypher
Number of posts : 265
Registration date : 2009-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:05 am

I dont know, I have a working flacon here that I'll tear apart when I get a chance and get the full code. If its the same I'll let you know (I have an old scrap board here too.)
Back to top Go down
http://www.bakermods.info
bart44
New MM user

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:55 am

for something to have from christmas... i'm just going to by pass it, but how... taking 2 wires and one on each leg and then both to the big one on the other side... correct? and thinking about it i'm sure one from an older xbox would work, but i'll only use an old one if i can't find one from a falcon.

I'm sure i can use these: the top 2 are smt and the bottom is a normal transistor
BCP51
ZT751
or
2N309
Back to top Go down
gzetski
Mouser

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2009-10-12

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 12:06 pm

bart44 wrote:
Sad Yeah i blew my mosfet for my fan on the falcon motherboard... does anyone have a spare or know anywhere where i could get one (probly not)
It be great If you Do THANKS. santa

I have serched for them high and low. I know there are only 2 variants of it across all the mobo revisions, and its an only one of a kind on each board. I have a board here that needs one, I am just lazy and have other work piled up........

SR2K wrote:
I dont have one on hand but if you can get me the numbers from it I'll run it though digikey and check the storage room at school for them. (Its a classroom full of shelves of various electrical components, very useful)

BTW - you may find it under JFET and not MOSFET.... Since it regulates fan voltage, I think its a JFET.
Back to top Go down
Deary65
Modder

Xbox Version : Dead
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 3:35 pm

Try bridging these:
Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? Other12Vfanmod1
Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? Other12Vfanmod2
It will be 12V though. Otherwise, solder some wires underneath the PSU.
Back to top Go down
bart44
New MM user

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 10:46 pm

thank for telling me how to by pass it... wait why do i need to by pass the top one?
Back to top Go down
Deary65
Modder

Xbox Version : Dead
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2009-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyWed Dec 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Well obviously it also controls the fan speed. I don't know exactly how it all works, just do it Wink
Back to top Go down
bart44
New MM user

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyThu Dec 24, 2009 6:30 am

lol k
Back to top Go down
bart44
New MM user

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyFri Dec 25, 2009 3:06 am

i only jumped the one on the bottom of the board and now it works... k no it doesn't having a problem. When the xbox boots up the rings and xbox look totally fine, but on the tv screen right when the xbox logo apears it FREEZES! omg like what now? I'm thinking of doing the X-Clamp replacement. i think i remeber tapping the heatsink/ moving it/lifting on it or something like that.
Back to top Go down
I3ells
New MM user

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-07-02

PostSubject: what's the transistor?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? EmptyFri Jul 02, 2010 10:14 am

Hey, i've bridged the transistor at the Q3M1 point, making the fan like a jet atm. Is there anyway I can replace the transistor on my jasper mobo 360?
It's not the bcp51 transistor ive been hearing everywhere, and i havent a clue what it is, any help?

cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?   Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo? Empty

Back to top Go down

Mosfet for fan on Falcon mobo?
Page 1 of 1